Longterm Goals, Plans, and what to expect
Wed 02 Nov 2016
Hey guys! Thank you to everyone that’s been sharing and saying such positive things about the demo. I wish I could properly express how much I appreciate it, but hopefully that will come across by delivering the game you guys are asking for!
I just wanted to post a basic summary of what I hope you can expect in the full release version of the game. I can’t guarantee every one of these will make it in, but under ideal conditions this is the general mindmap that I have moving forward.
- You won’t be stuck in the apartments forever. Look forward to more open outside environments where you can catch a breath of stale city smog air
- Completely reworked locomotion/collision system that doesn’t awkwardly push you around
- You might not be as isolated as you think. There will probably be other fully modeled characters out there to interact with, but their intentions certainly won’t be obvious
- You definitely are not as safe as you might think. There will be many new horrible creatures, some of which might be too dangerous to consider killing with just a pistol
- Thankfully, there will definitely be more weapons. It’s doubtful ammo will be easy to find though, so conserve wisely on the bigger guns
- Of course, expect many more puzzles that go beyond just simple word riddles
- Release date Q2 2017 (Probably around April)
- Play-through length of about 4-5 hours.
Again, thank you to everyone in this awesome VR community!